Localgiving has teamed up with Postcode Community Trust to provide a free annual Localgiving membership and a grant of £500 to small charities and community groups
What is the fund?
The Magic Little Grants Fund provides local charities and community groups the opportunity to access funding to deliver engaging physical activities, which help to overcome barriers to participation.
Successful projects will support and inspire people to participate in sports and exercise.
Sign up for a grant and free membership below
After clicking 'Sign Up' you will be taken to the Localgiving membership registration. To access your free annual membership funded by Postcode Community Trust use the promo code in the membership payment section
Match Fund Campaigns
You can take part in regular match fund campaigns to boost the value of your donations.
Get free help, support and advice from experienced fundraisers via our friendly help desk team.
Easy Online Fundraising
Automated Gift Aid
From fundraising pages to crowd-funded pages, we can help you elevate your online fundraising.
Plus donating is quick, easy and 100% secure.
We process the Gift Aid so you don’t have to, automatically transferring it to your account, even if you're not registered with the Charity Commission!
Detailed finance and marketing reports provide data to help you engage with supporters, cultivate long-term relationships and secure regular donations.
Free training and webinars
Access regular support through our training webinars and fundraising workshops.
Localgiving Membership Benefits
This fund gives local charities and community groups the chance to apply online for a £500 grant to deliver projects across Great Britain that encourage people to be physically active.
Successful projects will support and inspire people to participate in sports or exercise.
In order to apply for the funding, organisations are required to meet the following criteria:
- You must have an active Localgiving membership.
- You must have an annual income under £250,000.
- Your planned project must encourage people to participate in sports and exercise.
- Operating within England, Scotland, or Wales - Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Groups who meet any of the following criteria are NOT eligible for the grant:
- Organisations that have previously been funded by a Magic Little Grant, or any other trust funded by players of People's Postcode Lottery that have not yet finished the project/activity.
- Organisations that have previously delivered a project funded by a Magic Little Grant or any other trust funded by players of People's Postcode Lottery that have not yet completed their monitoring/evaluation form.
- Organisations that are a school or are linked to a school, such as a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Examples of projects that we cannot fund:
- Activities focused on professional sports or physical arts where the participating athletes/performers are being paid
- Medical equipment that supports the delivery of physical activities
- Medical treatment
- Foreign travel
Once you have completed your registration with Localgiving, you will be directed to the grant application form, which should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. If you are successful with your funding request, you will also benefit from a free annual membership with Localgiving, funded by the Postcode Community Trust.
The application process will be open until 31st October 2020.
Please ensure that you have downloaded and read the guidance notes below to ensure that you are eligible to benefit from the funding. Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Localgiving Membership Eligibility
In order to join Localgiving, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
Operate on local / regional community initiatives and not be a national charity
Have a local / regional management committee and a UK bank account
Have charitable aims that are not solely for the advancement of religion
Copyright 2020 © Localgiving