Localgiving has teamed up with 6 funding partners from the People's Postcode Lottery to provide 2,000 x £500 grants for charities and community groups across Great Britain.
What is the fund?
The Magic Little Grants Fund provides charities and community groups that are either in their first year of operation or have an annual income under £250k the opportunity to apply for a £500 grant.
This year the fund has expanded to support the following funding themes:
1. Improving mental wellbeing
2. Enabling community participation in the arts
3. Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
4. Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
5. Improving biodiversity and green spaces
6. Enabling participation in physical activity
7. Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
8. Increasing community access to outdoor space
To apply simply follow the instructions below. Make sure to enter the promocode MLG2021 to claim your free annual membership as part of the grant. You need to complete the Localgiving validation process before you are able to submit your application.
More information can be found here.
Sign up for a grant and free membership below
Localgiving Membership Benefits
Match Fund Campaigns
Easy Online Fundraising
You can take part in regular match fund campaigns to boost the value of your donations.
From fundraising pages to crowd-funded pages, we can help you elevate your online fundraising.
Plus donating is quick, easy and 100% secure.
Get free help, support and advice from experienced fundraisers via our friendly help desk team who are on hand to support Mon-Fri.
Free training and webinars
Automated Gift Aid
We process the Gift Aid so you don’t have to, automatically transferring it to your account, even if you're not registered with the Charity Commission!
Detailed finance and marketing reports provide data to help you engage with supporters, cultivate long-term relationships and secure regular donations.
Access regular support through our training webinars and fundraising workshops.
The aim of the Magic Little Grants Fund is to support organisations to access a grant by completing a short application form. Organisations also receive access to the Localgiving online fundraising platform and benefit from online fundraising training and support from our team.
The application process should only take 15 minutes to complete and are reviewed on a rolling basis every month. You should receive a decision on your application and the funding within two months.
The funding is being provided thanks to the players of People’s Postcode Lottery and will be disbursed on behalf of the following charitable funds.
In order to apply for the funding, organisations are required to meet the following criteria:
- You must have an annual income under £250,000.
- Your planned project must meet one of the funding themes listed above.
- Operating within England, Scotland, or Wales - Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Groups who meet any of the following criteria are NOT eligible for the grant:
- Organisations that have previously been funded by a Magic Little Grant, or any other trust funded by players of People's Postcode Lottery that have not yet finished the project/activity.
- Organisations that have previously delivered a project funded by a Magic Little Grant or any other trust funded by players of People's Postcode Lottery that have not yet completed their monitoring/evaluation form.
Examples of projects that we cannot fund:
- Run by statutory organisations
- Medical treatment
- Foreign travel
Once you have completed your registration with Localgiving, you will be directed to the grant application form, which should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. If you are successful with your funding request, you will also benefit from a free annual membership with Localgiving, funded by the People's Postcode Lottery.
The application process will be open until 31st October 2021.
Please ensure that you have downloaded and read the guidance notes below to ensure that you are eligible to benefit from the funding. Please note that organisations operating in Northern Ireland are not eligible to apply.
Localgiving Membership Eligibility
In order to join Localgiving, your organisation must meet the following criteria:
Have charitable aims that are not solely for the advancement of religion
Operate on local / regional community initiatives and not be a national charity
Have a UK bank account
Copyright 2020 © Localgiving